Akwaaba 2014! You are looking sparkly and hopeful and full of determination.
Let’s talk about goals up in here!
- Networking you say, Carrie? What’s that? UGH! I really wish I was one of those people that did it without coming off really weird AND sweating profusely. In 2014, I’m going to be! I’m going to be charming and literate-sounding. People are going to marvel at my networking prowess. It’s going to be ridiculous. That said, I have no idea how to even start…. Carrie does talking to each other count?
- Start a blog for my business. DONE! I mean there’s only one post so far but I find that starting is the hardest part. This will also help my site get higher up on the Google list. Is there an official term for that? Google list?
- Keep a blog for my business going… I’m not super great at keeping it going. I’ve mentioned that before but for the sake of my business and all the work I’ve put into my website, I’m going to start. Or try to start. DAH! I’M GONNA DO IT! At least once a week. Or once a month…
- Let’s figure out this social media aspect of business shall we? I’ve been passive aggressively boycotting social media for years. When I FINALLY got a Facebook, I ignored it up until last year. I still ignore it most of the time. This year I’m taking on Facebook, Instagram, and maybe even Twitter! I figure I can just chronicle the projects I’m working on as I work on them. Like, “Hey look at what used to be a bathroom and now looks like a war zone!”
- Keep Chic Toro moving in the right direction. I’m not actually sure what this means yet but we ladies are going to figure that out together. This week some time.
- Rejoin the artistic community! I used to go to at least one play a month. I’d frequent artsy movies theatres and see films that changed my world view. I used to read books that made me want to be a better person. Now? I willingly trade in a full and exciting life for day long naps. I LOVE NAPPING. I can’t even begin to explain how much. It’s cray. Which brings me to my next goal:
- STOP NAPPING MY LIFE AWAY! You know how sometimes you go to lay down for a few minutes and wake up 4 hours later? You know how sometimes you go to take a nap after work and wake up when your alarm goes off THE NEXT MORNING telling you it’s time to get ready for work again? This girl does! And not that I am complaining- I think napping should be considered a sport- I’m just saying I could get a lot done in 14 hours if I wasn’t sleeping. Let’s be realistic and admit that I’ve been in a long-term relationship with naps and I’m happy. So napping isn’t going away but I am going to try and make sure that they remain naps and not serious time-sucks. But I’m yawning just writing about naps so let’s move on…
In sumation, 2014 is going to be a year of growth in my business and in my life. I want to help my clients create spaces that make them feel at home, inspired and empowered. Who’s with me?
Gossip Girl Britany