Now that I’m a mama, I have less and less time to stimulate my dire need to create things with my hands. So, I certainly seize the opportunities I get!
A dear friend of mine takes Abella’s photos for me, and I pull together the art/prop work. This Easter, I decided to make a pinwheel backdrop for Abella’s pics and I thought I’d share it with you! This was easy, inexpensive, and adorable! Enjoy!
Materials: hot glue gun, stapler, paper doilies, scissors, 20 sheets of various 12×12 and 8.5×11 sheets of paper and vellum, and 1 foam core poster board (I also used some leftover wrapping paper that happened to go with my color scheme.)
Time: About 3.5 hours (I did it over a period of a few days.)
1. Accordion fold various pieces of paper and vellum.
2. Staple the paper in the center and then fold up and staple to create a “fan.”
3. Staple fans together to make, pinwheel.
4. Arrange on poster board and place doilies under and on top of some pinwheels.
5. Hot glue pinwheels and doilies down once you are satisfied with your arrangement. (I added paper circles in the middle of some of my pinwheels to make it look more complete.)
Here is the finished product!!
This project could also be used to spruce up a wall in the baby room or decorate for a party!
*Photos compliments of Evelina K. Petrova*